Super Junior Singapore
Hello! Welcome to Super Junior SG Official Forum!
Super Junior Singapore
Hello! Welcome to Super Junior SG Official Forum!
Super Junior Singapore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Junior Singapore

Super Junior Singapore Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» KyuHyun's Profile
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm by LadyRenny

» Eunhyuk's profile
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:54 pm by ayeeithwe

» YeSung's Profile
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:17 am by asiancutie

» Win an autographed Super Junior Poster!
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 am by cloudsteel

» Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 pm by hupodai

»  Bidding and Auction Strategies
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:54 pm by hupodai

» SUPER JUNIOR FANBOARD
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm by shayyy

» we got married x_x
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 3:33 pm by beaandriana

» RyeoWook's Profile
Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:51 pm by annmendez18

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
SJSG♥

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hupodai
Members
Members
hupodai

Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price Empty
PostSubject: Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price   Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 pm

Auction Bids To Zero

How about online auction sites where the item gets cheaper with every bid that comes in. How interesting is that? This particular auction house category is titled....'Bid to Zero'.

Imagine if you were bidding on a car or any top brand product....and your bid....did get to zero! Forget it....it won't happen. Someone will zap it up before that possibility!

With these auctions....the item starts off at the normal sale price....and then goes down with each bid.So if it reaches a price that someone is happy to pay....that's it....sold. Really....won...would be more accurate.

Reverse Auctions

To continue the same scenario as above, while an item price is being bid down....there could be twenty people biding. Out of those 20 bidders....5 bidders may be looking at paying....say....$500 for the item. All five bidders claim the bid at $500. In this case the online auction sites use a special formula to decide the bid winner.

Another auction bid type is the unique reverse auction. As the name suggests the above scenario does not happen.The bid has to be 'unique'. To add to that....there are two variations.

1. Highest unique bid....unmatched at the close of the auction....wins the biding.With these the maximum bid is set at a below normal sale price.

2. Lowest unique bid....has to be unmatched at the close of the auction. Another couple of bidders could of each bid...an identical lower price, but their bid would not be unique. With this type of auction the starting price would be at the normal sale price.

You can see that internet technology is the catalyst for these auctions. Offline....the purpose of an auction is to attain the highest possible bid price. The Collins Dictionary defines an auction as 'a public sale where articles are sold to the highest bidder'. The emphasis with reverse auctions...seems to be more on its competiveness...as opposed to the actual price.

The Next Generation: Social Competive Interaction

It should never be forgotten that the primary purposes of the online auction sites are to sell products. Because the items are sold at a fraction of their normal price...is neither here nor their. It is great for the successful bidders, but every auction bid is paid for. I'll explain that further.

To participate...you register online,select a username and get some 'bid credits'. When you go to the site and login with your username....you'll see your available 'bid credits' displayed. As you bid...the number of available bids reduces. If you're biding on the 'Bid to Zero' auction house....the bids are 50cents to 66cents each. That bid puts the item price down 20 cents. The residue....the difference in the bid cost and the item price reduction....goes to:

1.The cost of the purchase of the item

2.The cost of the freight and handling to the winning bidder

3.To administration costs of the online auction sites and their profit

All the costs are taken care of...by the participants purchase of 'bid credits'. So the emphasis....as I alluded to earlier...is towards the competive nature of the participants. Social competive interaction online....expressed in a style of auction entertainment....WOW! Whenever I was biding at an (offline) auction....I never saw it as entertainment....except when the Guy chasing flies...had an item knocked down to him. That gave everyone else a laugh!

Internet technology has made this form of social competiveness possible. Not the same as the 'survivor series' on TV....but maybe more rewarding.

New International Internet Auction Site

A United States company is the latest developer of one of these online auction sites. In building this new system they have gone with quality top brand products to offer. It would be fair to say they have picked the eyes out of the best methods...currently used in similar European auction sites. Eventually they will have as many as eight auction houses...all with various auction styles.

They are making the auctions available on an international basis. Something the other auction sites have been slow to do. I have been advised that they will probably have special delivery arrangements for large items won by bidders living outside of the US.....makes sense!

You Can Become a Business Associate

Also different about this new auction entertainment website is that a business opportunity has been incorporated. Business associates will be able to market the opportunity for the specific purpose of encouraging people to buy bid credits.

What seems sure...is that this social competive interaction as they call it...is highly likely to be very popular. Therefore the business opportunity will very likely....be lucrative!

My Summary

Are these real auctions? You can look at it this way:

Those auction houses where the bid causes the price to rise....even if the rise is fixed at only a penny or a nickel for each bid...do qualify under the definition of an auction.

The auctions where each bid causes the item price to fail....surely are not auctions....but 'reverse auctions'. As in 'done' and 'undone'.

These online auction sites are a new marketing outlet for the product manufacturers and merchants.They are good business for the auction sites, who make their money on shifting quality products. The bidders could pick-up a new car or TV or computer or a million dollar life insurance policy....for example. Also they could do that for an outlay of $20 worth of bid credits and a whole heap of fun! That seems to make online auction sites....a win-win-win situation....for all participants!
Back to top Go down

Online Auction Sites Where the Bid Lowers the Auction Price
Page 1 of 1